TikTok is currently one of the most popular social media platforms for creating, editing, and sharing videos.
You can post your videos for millions of other TikTokers to watch, and you can see their videos, as well.
You often want to download and save one of your own videos or a video that another TikToker made to your camera roll.
This article will show you how to do that using various methods, so read on and learn.
How To Save A TikTok To Camera Roll (Step-By-Step)
1. Use The TikTok App Save Feature
Step 1: Download Or Update TikTok
You have to have the latest version of the dedicated official TikTok app on your smartphone.
If you haven’t already done so, download or update the TikTok app through Google Play Store or App Store before moving on to the next steps.
Step 2: Find The Video You’d Like To Save
If you’d like to save one of your own videos, navigate to your Profile and scroll down until you find it.
If you’d like to download a video that another TikToker has posted, you can find it using the search bar.
It’s also possible to find a flagged video by heading to your Profile page and hitting the flag icon.
If you’ve only liked the video, hit the heart icon in the middle of the screen to find the video.
Step 3: Save The Video
Now that you’ve opened up the video, press down on the screen until the options menu appears.
You’ll see the Save Video or Download icon there.
You can also hit the Share icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen and select the Download icon.
Step 4: Find The Video
Head to your Camera Roll or Gallery and find the video you’ve just saved under the TikTok album.
2. Save Videos As A Gif
This method and the next two on this list will show you how to download the videos that don’t have the Save icon.
Some TikTokers restrict all downloads for their videos, and that’s why the icon disappears from the options menu.
However, there are a couple of workarounds like saving the video as a GIF.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Find and open the video you’d like to save.
- Tap the Share icon shaped like an arrow.
- Choose the Share as Gif option.
- Wait for TikTok to convert the video into a GIF and save it to your phone.
- The GIF will be in the TikTok album in your Camera Roll or Gallery.
3. Use Instagram To Download The Video
Another trick for saving the videos that the creator has blocked from downloading is using Instagram.
Follow these steps:
- While playing the video on TikTok, hit the Share icon.
- Choose the Instagram Story option as a path for sharing your video.
- Wait for TikTok to save the video to Instagram.
- Tab the download icon at the top of the story page on Instagram to save the video to your camera roll.
4. Use Third-Party Video Downloading Tools
For the videos that don’t have the Save option enabled, you can use one of the many apps and websites that enable downloading any video you want using its link.
This method is also suitable for those who want to save the TikTok videos to their computers and not occupy the limited storage space on their smartphones.
Before using any of these apps, you need to obtain the link to your intended TikTok video.
Follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone or open your favorite browser on your desktop and head to www.tiktok.com and sign in to your account.
- Find the video you’d like to download and hit the Share button.
- Choose Copy Link from the Options menu.
- In the browser, you can also copy the video’s URL.
Now that you have the link, you can use one of the following tools to download your video.
Musicallydown.com is a free website that allows you to download TikTok videos.
You can use it on your phone or your computer.
Head to the website and paste the video link in the box.
Hit the orange Download button.
Wait for the video to be processed and the download to begin.
Another handy website you can use for downloading TikToks is Snaptik.com.
Head to the website, paste the video’s link into the box, and hit the Download button.
Kapwing.com is another video downloader, but with more features.
Head to the website and hit the Start Editing button.
Paste the video link in the URL field.
Wait for the video to upload to the studio, and now you can edit it! You can add text, change the music, crop and resize, and so on.
Once you’re done editing, hit the red Export Video button.
Wait for the studio to process the video and then hit the Download button.
Long press on the video and save it to your camera roll if you’re using Kapwing on your phone.
There are also apps for smartphones dedicated to downloading videos.
For instance, the Video Downloader for Social Media app is made for android phones and works with TikTok videos.
iPhone users can add the shortcut of the TikTok downloader to their home page and use that.
How To Save A TikTok Without A Watermark?
If you download a TikTok video using the built-in save tool, a TikTok watermark will be present at the bottom of the saved video for user protection.
If you don’t want the watermark to be present, use one of the following methods to download the TikTok.
Save Video As A Live Photo
- Open TikTok and find the video you’d like to save.
- Tap the Share icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to the right in the options menu and choose Live Photo.
- Head to your camera roll and find the Live Photo you’ve saved.
- Tap on the Share button and select Save as Video.
- Once the Live Photo converts to a Video, there’ll still be a small watermark, but it’s very easy to get rid of using a cropping tool.
Use The Third-Party Video Downloaders
Some of the third-party video downloaders allow you to save a TikTok without the watermark.
From the utilities mentioned in the previous section, musicallydown.com lets you choose to keep or remove the TikTok watermark.
Also, Kapwing allows you to remove the watermark in your final video once you create an account using Google or Facebook and sign in.
TikSave is an app for iPhone users that allows you to download TikTok videos without the watermark using its link.
Does TikTok Notify Someone If You Download A Video?
No, TikTok doesn’t notify a user when you download their video, whether you save it using the integrated Download option or using any of the other mentioned methods.
TikTok will count your Save as a Share in the user’s video analytics.
Is It Ethical To Download A TikTok Video?
Copyright infringement issues are a legitimate concern when it comes to saving another user’s videos, especially without the watermark.
TikTok’s Community Guidelines state that users shouldn’t share or post any type of content that violates another TikToker’s copyrights, intellectual property rights, or trademarks.
TikTok applies its watermark logo and the creator’s username to all the saved videos to prevent these issues.
If you remove the watermark, it’ll be like you’re using someone else’s content as if it were your own.
Be sure to give the creator full credit in another way.
How To Save Your TikToks Without Posting Them
There’s no direct way of saving a TikTok video that you haven’t posted yet.
However, there’s a workaround you can use, which is posting the video, but in a way that only you can see it and then download it.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the bottom of the page to go to the New Video section.
- Here, record your video by pressing the red circle button and then edit it in whatever way you like.
- Once you’re finished editing, tap on the Next button at the bottom of the page.
- On the new screen, you should find a privacy option named Who can see my video.
- Select it and choose Private.
- Post the video to your account.
- Go to your Profile, find the video, and Save it as mentioned before.
How To Automatically Save Every TikTok You Make To Your Camera Roll?
Apps like Instagram have an option that automatically saves every post or story you share on your account to your Camera Roll or Gallery.
You can turn this option on or off through the app’s settings.
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have such an option for the videos you post on your feed.
How To Download All Your TikTok Data
While TikTok doesn’t give you the option to automatically save every video you post to your camera roll, it offers another handy feature that allows you to save all your TikTok data at once.
Head to the TikTok app and tab on the Me button located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the three-dot icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to Privacy and choose Personalization and data.
- Select the Download your data option and go to the Request Data tab.
- Here you can download your profile data, your activity data, including your videos, and your app settings all at once in a TXT or a JSON format.
- Hit the Request Data button.
You should wait around three days for TikTok to make your download ready and notify you.
How Can I Prevent Others From Downloading My Videos On TikTok?
If you’d like to prevent other users from downloading your videos, you need to access its dedicated option through the app’s Settings:
- Open TikTok on your phone and tap on the Me button.
- Select the icon with three dots at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Privacy under the Account heading.
- Find the Safety section and choose the Allow your videos to be downloaded option.
- Turn the download settings Off.
Once you do this, when someone clicks on the Share button of your videos, they won’t see the download option.
That will prevent them from saving your video directly through TikTok, but it won’t stop them from using the other methods we’ve described for downloading restricted videos.
They can still save your videos as a gif or Live photo or use Instagram or third-party video downloading tools to save your video with or without the watermark.
Leave a Reply