In the world of gaming, Roblox has generated waves of attention due to its unique and thought-provoking idea.
It is a multiplayer game with a huge player base (more than 200 million) that allows users to create their own games, thus boosting their creativity.
What could be better proof of its popularity than what renowned publications like The New York Times are publishing about Roblox?
However, a common question is associated with the game: What is the tagline of Roblox, and what does it mean?
In this article, let’s learn more about Roblox and its tagline.
What Is The Tagline Of Roblox?
“Powering Imagination” is the tagline of Roblox.
The tagline is nothing but two simple yet impactful words that summarize the whole theme of the gaming platform.
It was introduced by the CEO of Roblox Corporation, David Baszucki, in 2015.
The tagline of Roblox is a simple way to boost the confidence of users to let people explore their imaginations freely.
The empowering tagline appears on the main homepage of the game and lets the users realize their worth and know how important their imagination is to the world out there.
What Is Roblox?
Created in 2004 by David Baszuki and Erik Cassel, Roblox is an online gaming platform for users.
It allows users to combine their unique ideas and put them together to create a new fascinating game as per their own thoughts and imagination.
Later, they can publish it and share it with the world.
From mini-games like “Tick Cross’’ and “Pizza Boy” to highly competitive ones like “Paris, A Murder Mystery,” users can create any type of game.
The best part is that Roblox has many integrations, and therefore, it supports all the known gaming platforms like
Moreover, it has both single and multiplayer modes.
Therefore, you can create a game and play with your best buddy or any random person on the net.
What Makes Roblox Different From Other Online Games?
While there are hundreds of online games available, fortunately, Roblox has established a sound position due to its innovative ideas that no one had ever thought of.
The mind-bending tagline and the concept behind it is the only thing that makes Roblox different from all the other games streaming online.
Moreover, you will be astonished to learn that more than 50% of the children in the United States of America play Roblox.
How Does Roblox Work?
The game has a proper backend and proprietary engine called the Roblox Studio.
The studio allows the users to create the game and later test if it runs smoothly or not.
It decodes your game using:
- Object-oriented programming system.
- LUA programming language.
Once the game is tested for a dry run and works out smoothly, users publish it on the platform and play it with other gamers.
How Many People Are Playing Roblox?
Without moving any further, let’s consider a few stats to find out how popular Roblox is.
- It has 54.1 million active players daily.
- It was the second most downloaded game in 2021, with nearly 182 million downloads
- 1.5 million children in the UK play Roblox.
- 19% of the children aged between seven and nine years in only the UK play Roblox.
- 50% of the children under 16 in the USA play Roblox.
Why Is Roblox Tagline Gaining So Much Attention?
The tagline of Roblox, combined with its unique idea, has managed to skyrocket the game’s popularity worldwide.
What is so special about Roblox and its tagline that draws the attention of everyone?
Here are the top five reasons Roblox is gaining so much attention.
1. Free Game
The first factor that attracts the young generation, particularly the kids, towards Roblox is that it is a free game compared to its competitors, which charge a sound amount for playing.
Unfortunately, most kids don’t get money to spend on games.
For example, Minecraft, a simple game, costs $26.99.
In contrast, you can play the game free of charge in Roblox.
No doubt, there are some exclusive features in Roblox, too, that require a bit of money to unlock, but you can enjoy and win games without those features, too.
2. Availability On All Known Platforms
Another exclusive feature that helped Roblox become the focal point of the young mind is its easy availability on different platforms.
Roblox is a relatively lightweight game that doesn’t require a high-quality graphical or gaming computer to run on.
Instead, it can run on android phones, tablets, pads, PCs, and even Xbox.
In short, it targets a large population and allows more and more people to join and play.
3. Tagline Gives Power To Creativity
The best part of Roblox is that its gaming environment powers and boosts the young kids.
It allows them to bring life to their ideas and come up with their custom games.
Moreover, to create games, users must have a strong grip on the LUA programming language.
In this way, it further increases their knowledge and makes them sharp.
What makes it even better is that Roblox comes with a team of supporters at the backend to help you whenever you get stuck at any point.
Similarly, in-depth tutorials are available on their YouTube channel to help you.
4. Helps To Grow Friend Circle
Online gaming is a great source to meet new people around the world, learn about their interests, bond with them, and become friends.
Roblox has a massive player base with more than 50 Million active users daily, thus leaving users with an ample choice of people to choose and connect with.
As a result, it leads to less loneliness and a big friend circle with whom you can team up to create new games or enjoy playing other games.
5. Modes And Content
The charm of this gaming platform is that you can never get bored of it.
From basic Pokémon games to challenging ones like the “Tower of Hell,” it has an endless stream of games to play.
If you ever get bored of playing one game, you have hundreds of options to hop to.
Moreover, it has a vast collection of nearly every type and genre of game.
A few common genres are:
- Intelligence games like “Tower of Hell” use your skills and presence of mind.
- RP (Role Playing) games like “Brookhaven” help you learn graphic designing.
- Tycoon games like “Tiny Town 2.”
- Stimulator and survival games like “Speedman Simulator,” “Dead Mist 2,” etc.
- Simple, classic games.
The new concept of developing customized games merged within the boundary of an impactful tagline lets Roblox stand out in the lineup of online games.
Is Roblox Free?
Roblox is free as far as downloading and playing games are concerned.
However, exclusive locked features in some games require you to pay “Robux”—the in-game currency—to avail yourself of these features.
For example, you might need to pay some Robux to buy a new avatar, a new car, or just new clothes for your character.
The premium or added features allow you to customize your game more to your liking.
People who love playing games get so invested in their characters and objects in the game that they want to spend money to customize them.
Can Users Make Money From Roblox?
Yes, Roblox allows users and game developers to earn money from the platform in various ways.
- One of the best ways to earn money from Roblox is to create a top-notch game with exclusive features and then charge users a set amount of Robux as a game pass. Moreover, you can also lock certain features of the game and charge the players to unlock them.
- If you don’t want to spend days creating a highly compatible game, you can also create and design clothes and items for game characters with graphic design and later sell them on the Roblox marketplace.
- Last but not least, you can also convert the Robux you earned in the games into real-world cash by joining the Developer Exchange Program. However, to convert Robux into real money, you must be:
- At least 13 years old.
- Have 100,000 Robux in your account.
- Be an Outrageous Club member.
Moreover, the exchange rate of 1 Robux is $0.0035 US.
How To Make A Game On Roblox
Making games on Roblox is relatively easy.
Game development involves three basic steps:
- Creating the game
- Customizing it
- Publishing the game
Now, let’s dive into each of these steps in detail.
1. Creating The Game
The first step is to make the game, its base, and its template.
For that, follow the given steps:
- Download Roblox Studio, and open it.
- Click All Templates, and choose the one that fits your game idea. If you want to make a customized template, go for the custom option, and add the code of the game template you want.
- Once the game template is ready, press the play button and start the game.
- Your avatars will appear, and the game will start.
- Dry run to see if it works properly. If yes, jump to the next step. Otherwise, find the error.
2. Customizing The Game
Customizing the game requires a grip on the LUA programming language.
Therefore, it is better to learn it beforehand.
Once done, you can add elements and customize their shape, color, background, and theme.
In short, all the graphical and resolution changes are part of this section, thus allowing you to add a different look to the game.
3. Publishing The Game
Here comes the final step of publishing your game on the Roblox platform so that users all over the world have access to it. For this:
- Select the file and select the option Publish to Roblox.
- Add a suitable yet catchy title to your game.
- Enter a description and playing guide for the game.
- Click Create.
- The game gets published, but the access is limited to private.
- Click the file, and go to game settings.
- Search for game permissions, and change from Private to Public.
Now, all the users of Roblox have access to your creation and are free to play.
What Are The Benefits And Downsides Of Roblox?
Just like any other platform, Roblox also has its pros and cons.
Let’s discuss them one by one.
Pros Of Roblox
Although there are many benefits of playing Roblox, a few worth mentioning are:
- Boosts Creativity: Roblox boosts children’s natural creativity and imagination, allowing them to explore various options. Moreover, it pushes them to utilize their creativity in a positive way, and come up with new and interesting games.
- Learn Programming Language: Roblox helps kids learn the LUA programming language, coding, and some other computer skills.
- Earn Money: It is a great way to enhance entrepreneurial skills and earn money through games.
- Socialization: The platform fosters a sense of socialization and community in the users, letting them enhance their circle.
- Accessible: It is a free online game that allows cross-platform gaming, thus making it an accessible option for nearly everyone.
- Parental Control: Last but not least, it offers a parental control system to monitor their children’s activities and restrict them. For example, parents can control which games their children will not play, whether they can contact other players or not, etc.
Cons Of Roblox
Some of the disadvantages of playing Roblox are:
- Unsafe Environment: Children are exposed to an unsafe environment with inherent risks like abuse, cyberbullying, harassment, etc. Therefore, parents should keep a check and balance on them.
- Disturbing Content: CTV reports that there is some disturbing content for children in Roblox.
- Exclusive: Subscribers of the Builders Club get some exclusive privileges.
Top 15 Roblox Games Of All Time
Now that we are up with all the nitty-gritty of Roblox and its tagline, let’s find the top Roblox games of all time.
The best 15 Roblox games are:
- All-Star Tower Defense
- Pet Simulator X
- Natural Disaster Survival
- Speed Run 4
- Adopt Me!
- Hide and Seek Extreme
- Super Bomb Survival
- Murder Mystery
- Murder Mystery 2
- Theme Park Tycoon 2
- Work at a Pizza Place
- Scuba Diving at Quill Lake
- Shindo Life
- Brookhaven RP
Best Alternatives Of Roblox To Opt For
Although no game offers a “Like for Like” replacement for Roblox’s endless opportunities, here is the list of best Roblox alternatives that you can try:
- LEGO worlds
- Garry’s Mod
- Survival Craft 2
Undoubtedly, Roblox has become an internet wedge due to its thought-provoking and mind-stimulating tagline and innovative idea allowing users of all age groups to fire up their imaginations and create a custom game.
Moreover, it operates on the LUA programming language, so creating games isn’t a difficult task for kids at all.
Roblox’s tagline is “Powering Imagination” as the platform encourages users to use their imagination to play and create games.
It is one of the best game streaming platforms that push the children to have confidence in their skills and gives them a chance to polish them!
Since it is a free, lightweight game that operates on multiple platforms, anyone with a PC, tablet, or even a mobile phone can have full access to its pleasures!