You’re doing a serious task on your PC when HP Support Solutions Framework distracts you, popping up without permission and asking you to tick its list of requests.
The experience gets more aggravating when you realize that this intruder takes a big chunk of your CPU, dropping off other apps you need more.
You want to know what HP Support Solutions Framework is, how necessary it is, and whether it’s a good idea to remove it.
In this article, we’ll give you the ultimate answers to those questions.
We’ll also explain who should and shouldn’t uninstall the app and how to do it.
Do I Need HP Support Solutions Framework?
HP Support Solutions Framework Necessary isn’t an essential tool on your computer.
Nothing serious will happen if you erase it because you can do what it does manually.
Although it’s not a good idea to remove the HPSSF—considering its many benefits—you might want to disable it for many reasons we discuss later.
What Is HP Support Solutions Framework?
HP Support Solutions Framework (HPSSF) is a web-based assistant utility developed by Hewlett-Packard.
It’s a whole pack of programs that allow HP users to easily access, install, and remove their system drivers, manage their hardware, and tweak BIOS or other Windows settings.
With this bundled interface, you can contact HP Customer Support, reach your device details (such as a serial number), and visit the Downloads segment without needing to go all the way to the website.
It provides you quick repairs when something goes wrong, and whenever necessary, you can even use the platform to find HP repair centers nearby.
All in all, HPSSF helps you keep an eye on your system’s operation, stay informed, resolve potential issues preemptively, and benefit from auto refurbishment.
Common Reasons to Disable HPSSF
- High CPU Usage: HPSSF can take up more than 50 percent of your CPU at times, which means other apps won’t run smoothly, and your whole system will lag.
Therefore, you might prefer to do all the things manually, and in return, have a faster PC.
- Warranty Timeout: When you’re out of warranty, the app doesn’t update your drivers anymore, and your PC prompts you to remove it as useless software.
- Bugs and Errors: HPSSF can become corrupted after a while and stop working properly.
- Security Flaws: A few years ago, experts identified some unpatched vulnerabilities in HP support solutions and warned users to remove its factory-installed versions.
According to those experts, these gaps can expose your device to hackers, let badware in, and let them change your system by injecting executable files.
Many users have uninstalled the app to avoid potential threats.
- Intrusive Behavior: The app’s duty commands it to notify you when it’s time for an update or change.
For many, these continual messages can become annoying, forcing them to uninstall the app.
Besides, HPSSF tends to launch automatically as soon as you load Windows, so you may find it disruptive when you are in the middle of other tasks.
- Conflicts with the OS: Some assume HPSSF interferes with the Windows about what to update or other system arrangements.
- Personal Reasons: Some users simply don’t want it on their systems.
Maybe you’re comfortable with manual updates, or you think you can take care of everything yourself.
Should I Uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework?
Whether you have to remove HPSSF depends on which of the above categories you belong to.
For example, those concerned about security issues or low CPU performance are better off uninstalling the app.
Users with expired warranties should follow the same route.
However, if you’re only upset about unwelcome notifications, you can work around the issue by disabling reminders in the app settings.
Besides, contrary to what you might think, Windows and HPSSF agents don’t clash with each other under normal conditions.
You don’t have to forgo its benefits if this is your primary concern.
It’s also worth trying a few troubleshooting steps before you completely remove the app:
How To Fix Common HPSSF Errors
Here are the most frequent issues with HP Support Solutions Framework, along with their solutions.
1. App Starts Automatically
If HPSSF pops up as soon as your OS loads, you can remove it from autostart apps through Windows settings:
- Locate the Task Scheduler through your Windows search tool.
- Once opened, click “Task Scheduler Library” from the side column.
- Click the little arrow next to “Hewlett-Packard,” then open HPSSF.
- A list of options will appear in the central pane.
- From there, choose Quick Start.
- Now, go to the right column and hit “Selected item.”
- Once you press the “Disable” button, HPSSF stops loading automatically.
2. It Sends You Commands In The Middle Of A Task
HPSSF scans your system out of the blue and then gives you a checklist.
If you don’t complete the tasks, it keeps sending you reminders and starts to get on your nerves.
If this is your case, set a specific schedule for HPSSF operations to get rid of the situation:
- With the app open, go to Settings from the top-right menu.
- Navigate to this segment: “Next HP updates and messages are scheduled for.”
- Insert a weekday and hour for the app to undertake its tasks.
(Choose a time that you think your PC will be active, but you will not be dealing with anything important.)
Open HP Support Assistant and click Settings in the top right of the window.
- Make sure to save the changes before exiting.
3. It Wakes Up The Display In Sleep Mode
Just like the auto-start scenario, there’s a quick remedy for this difficulty:
- Go to the “Edit Power Plans” window using your Windows search box.
- Select the blue link with this anchor: “Change advanced power settings.”
- Hit the plus button beside “Sleep” to expand more options.
- Now, expand “Allow wake timers.”
- You’ll see two options, “On battery” and “Plugged in.”
- Disable both, and press OK, so the changes take effect.
4. It Doesn’t Launch
If the software ignores opening up, chances are something is wrong with your OS, not the software itself.
Fortunately, you can resolve the issue using the system restore points.
It’s a built-in feature that lets you return your PC to an earlier date when the problem didn’t exist:
- Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
- Input “RSTRUI.EXE” in the empty field and confirm.
- Hit “Next” to view the list of restore points.
- Choose a date on which the app was still working as expected.
- Press Next and then Finish.
5. It Doesn’t Update Drivers
If HP Support Solutions Framework does open but fails to do its tasks, try updating it to the newest version.
If nothing changes, check if you’re running a firewall that blocks HPSSF.
6. HPSSF Stops Unexpectedly
“The app has encountered a serious problem and must be closed. Click Ok to restart this application automatically.”
If you see such an error message, you’re left with no choice but to uninstall the app.
However, it doesn’t have to be permanent as you can reinstall the app right away and see the issue gone.
We’ll discuss both installation and removal instructions in the following.
How To Uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework
If none of the troubleshooting tricks proved helpful, continue with our guide to completely uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework.
1. Create A Restore Point
Uninstalling HPSSF is the easiest way to get rid of its issues.
However, if you don’t do it correctly or thoroughly, it may result in further issues rather than solving yours.
Therefore, before you uninstall the app, create a restore point so that you can revert everything to normal if you make a mistake.
- Exit the app and any open files.
- Right-click on “This PC” and open “Properties.”
- In the new window, Choose “System Protection” from the left pane.
- Under the current tab (System Protection), go to the Protection Settings section and click your PC.
- If it says Off, press “Configure,” mark “Restore system settings and previous versions of files.” in the new window, and press Ok.
- If it says On, skip this step and go to step 5.
- Press the “Create” button and continue with the on-screen prompts.
Note: Once the uninstallation finishes, you can go back to these settings and revert everything by pressing the “System Restore” button at the top.
2. Uninstall The App
Now, choose one of the following methods to uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework:
Method One: Remove HPSSF Via Control Panel
The Control Panel is the conventional tool to remove any app, and HPSSF is no exception.
The only difference is that you need a bit more effort to clear its stored files.
- Navigate to the Task Manager by right clicking the taskbar ribbon at the screen’s bottom.
- Find HPSSF, right-click on it, and press “End task” to stop its background activities.
- After that, open your Control Panel and move on to “Programs and Features.”
- Spot HP Support Solutions Framework on the list and select “Uninstall.”
- Confirm whenever needed and restart your system once the removal process is completed.
Method Two: Erase HPSSF Via Uninstaller File
Most computer apps come with an executable file to facilitate the uninstallation process.
If you don’t find HPSSF in the “Apps and Features” list, try this alternative method:
- Locate the app’s installation folder.
Unless you’ve changed it manually, it’s usually in your system drive (mostly drive C) > Program Files.
- Then, search for something labeled “uninstall.exe,” or “uninst000.exe.”
- Right-click and press “Run” to initiate the uninstallation procedure.
- Go with the on-screen prompts.
Method Three: Use A Program Remover
The two previous methods are manual, a bit time-consuming, and prone to error.
In addition, they require knowledge of computers and could be a bit complicated for regular users.
Using a third-party tool, on the other hand, is quick, error-free, and machine-based.
All you need is to download and set up the program and find your HPSSF through its interface.
Then, remove the app along with its leftovers.
Note: Depending on what program remover you use, the interface and its associated steps may differ.
Note 2: Uninstaller tools eliminate the need for redundant file deletion.
Therefore, skip part three (Employ Windows Registry to Delete Remaining Files) if you choose this method.
What If None Of The Above Works?
You may have a hard time uninstalling HPSSF if trojans and spyware infect it.
Not only that, but it may also show undesirable behavior or unexpected errors in case of file corruption.
If you can’t successfully remove the software, try one or both of the following alternatives:
- Run a malware scan: Use a reliable antivirus/anti-malware app to diagnose potential threats and erase them. Then, try the uninstallation methods once more to see if they work.
- Reinstall the software: Sometimes, installing a program from scratch fine-tunes its corrupted components, and in turn, lets you uninstall it.
To do this, go to the installation folder and this time, run the installer wizard.
Then, repeat one of the removal methods.
3. Use Windows Registry To Delete Remaining Files
Now that you’ve successfully uninstalled the app, it’s time to clear its cache and remaining files.
- Go to the Start Menu and type “regedit” in the search field to open Registry Editor.
- Click the arrow next to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” on the left pane.
- Then expand SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion.
- Spot HPSSF from the list and delete its stored entries.
Note: This sole method is sometimes enough to uninstall any program.
How To Install HPSSF
- Visit the HP support website and download HP Support Solutions Framework’s latest version for your 32 or 64-bit computer.
- Save the file in a desirable location.
- Click the installer and then Run.
- Go with the on-screen guidelines to install the software as you do with any other.
FAQs On HP Support Solutions Framework
1. What Is HP Support Framework?
HP Support Framework is an all-in-one HP interface that allows users to update their system drivers, troubleshoot device issues, and contact the HP support team for needed information.
The software is pre-installed on all HP systems, including desktop and laptop computers.
In addition, all Windows versions and even non-hp users can install it through their official website.
2. Is It Safe To Uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework?
It’s completely safe to uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework because, although it comes pre-installed on your HP computer, it’s not mandatory or basic software.
It means you can safely remove it and experience no hurdles using your system.
3. Can I Remove HP Software Framework?
You can remove HP Software Framework using several ways such as Windows software remover, integrated Uninstaller wizard, and Windows Registry.
Whatever you choose, you have to visit the Registry Editor to empty all its traces, redundant files, and caches.
If you fail to do so, try a third-party program remover, antivirus, or reinstalling/uninstalling the HPSSF.
4. How Do I Get Rid Of HP Support Solutions?
You can get rid of HP Support Solutions by these simple steps:
- Locate and open your Control Panel through the Windows search bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to “Apps and features.”
- Navigate to the software’s name, click, and select “uninstall.”
- Now, use the search tool again to open Registry Editor.
- Omit the leftovers by going to:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion.